Casper agent not kicking off policy after imaging

dascione
New Contributor II

This is a recent issue and I'm beating my head against a wall trying to figure out where it's stemming from. After a machine is imaged, almost 100% of the time, it won't run policy the first time it boots up. My Check-In > Startup Script page has every option checked off on it (most importantly ensure ssh is enabled and check policies for startup). But our login options aren't set, SSH isn't enabled...none of the policies ran that were supposed to after startup.

Up until recently, another reboot after it hit the login screen would succeed in kicking the agent into gear and getting the start-up script to run. Now, no matter how many reboots we give a system, the jamf agent will not start checking in until someone manually runs jamf policy from the terminal.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

lucas_nelson
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey dascione, Sorry to hear about recent troubles with imaging. Could you do me a favor and check an affected computers jamf.log for the following error:

'Failed to load launchagent for adobetemp user'

This is an issue we are aware of and it sounds like this might be the hang up. If we have any packages marked in Casper Admin as 'Install on Boot Drive after Imaging', we see this behavior. If this sounds like the case the reasoning is as you pointed out. During the first reboot the JAMF Helper is not being called correctly. When this happens we see enrollment take a long time, and any other packages increase the time.

Once it performs its second reboot, we should see the computer run any policies we have set for 'at Startup'. I will keep an eye on this thread, however, if you open up a case we may be able to help you quicker.