Casper Export Computer JSS API for Automation to CSV - SDK Broken?

richharmer
New Contributor

I tried the XML version of the Python script and it (almost) works for me.. I popped in a couple of fields that I need like AD Domain Information, but the computer name is picking up the 'name' field from another area and is putting in the username instead. Looking through the script, I see comments like "This isn't the best way to do this.." and you can see in the code that they are trying to contain which section they are in and pop out of it when they hit a section they don't want to be in. I thought I had it working at one point, but it reverted back and is giving inconsistent results. The JSS version of the Python script bombs out right away and I haven't looked into the errors.

I need an automated list of ALL computers names, their domain information, and their Operating System Version. I can handle extra data if it comes along for the ride.

I recall during websurfing research running into a command line utility which also might work for me. I'd like to run this on a windows server because the data will be imported into that server (Not SCCM). I'm not much of a .NET guy, but I know there is some code for that as well.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III
I need an automated list of ALL computers names, their domain information, and their Operating System Version. I can handle extra data if it comes along for the ride.

I may have something that will be able to help you with this, but not running from a Windows server unfortunately. You could run it from a Mac server, or just run it manually on your own Mac, or lastly schedule it with a LaunchAgent, etc. I should be releasing this soon-ish. If you'd like a preview before I post it up on github, email me - mm2270 [at] mac [dot] com. I can send you something to test with.