Casper Imaging/Admin with Limited Access JSS?

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Is it possible to use Casper Imaging to image computers using a Limited Access JSS that is set to Computer Access Only? Can Casper Admin connect to that JSS to upload/manage/replicate packages, or is that disabled?

I am having a heck of a time finding documentation around this, thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Yes it does work. Just tested. Can log in and connect to our JSS in the DMZ set to limited access from the internet from both Casper Imaging and Casper Admin.

Didn't actually test uploading packages since we don't use it because we use BOX as our master sharepoint.

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Point being that you would need to still have to be able to see all your sharepoints for uploading and replicating. But it does work as when I logged in with Casper Admin it let me see everything just couldn't mount the master sharepoint since its not available.

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

It works, we use our Limited Access JSS as the point to hit the casper suite off of. We manage the gui through the admin /master JSS (which is inaccessible outside of a certain vlan and has a different dns)

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Great news, thanks for confirming that, that would have been a major issue for us.