Casper Imaging not Completing Imaging Process With Casper 9.81

narelmm
New Contributor

Hello fellow JAMF goers:

I am having an issue which I hope can be easily solved. I have noticed with a handful of Imacs and Macbooks that I am trying to image with Casper Imaging 9.81, do not seem to complete their imaging process. The image process starts off fine, then once the computers undergo their restart and begin installing software on the boot device after imaging, they become stuck on a temporary Adobe account and do not go any further. I have tried restarting multiple times with each computer, and have also tried to restart the imaging process and the same issue arises.

With older versions of Casper Imaging, when this happens, once simple restart will do the trick and they finish the imaging process and show me the imaging splash screen. However with Casper Imaging 9.81, nothing I have tried will work to get the process to complete.

This has become a much bigger problem since we updated to Casper 9.81. Has anyone else had this same issue with Casper Imaging 9.81, or have any theories as to why this is happening? The imaging logs for each of these computers do not show anything out of the ordinary that would tell me why this is happening and frankly, I'm stumped.

Any help or adivce would be greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I have see this issue too, I was planning to reach out to support tomorrow : )

C

ianparsons
New Contributor

We found our solution here https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=17218
We created a new NBI and checked all our scripts for 10.11 compatability.
Good luck.

narelmm
New Contributor

I found that the problem was that our Netboot Image had Casper Imaging 9.65. I changed it to 9.81 and everything worked as it should have!

Thank you very much Ian! Much appreciated!

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Thank guys : ) I am using an old Casper Imaging too.. I will update that before I reach out!!

C

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Are those of you who are successfully imaging with 9.81 - are any of you putting down recovery HD partitions for FV? If so, were they built in composer?

thanks

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Casper Sally I am not, I use a full OS netinstall, then Casper install on top of that..

Sorry

C