casper imaging not enrolling computer when imaged

bmortens115
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I am running a local JSS 9.73 and similar casper imaging. I created a base 10.10.5 image and threw some packages with it that I have tested work. When the computer is imaged (after erasing the drive), the computer comes up with the software installed, but no MNM profiles in system preferences, the JAMF binaries are on the computer tho.

I added a quickadd package to the mix post OS install, and it sill is not enrolled.

I am using a local SSD distribution which is a replication of the distribution point.

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bmortens115
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

yeah, the issue was the image. I created an image with a retina MBP and was imaging it onto an old non-retina MBP. So I just needed to make an image of each and label accordingly. So the retina MBP image can only go onto a retina MBP...

Thanks for the help guys!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Did you add a management account to the configuration?

bmortens115
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

yep

bmortens115
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

the image has SSH turned on, the management account is the same as every place in the JSS too

asegura
Contributor

I was running into the same issues when imaging MAC's that used an adapter for network. The computers you are imaging do they have a thunderbolt adapter or USB adapter?

lwindram
Contributor

Take a look at this post for some tips on setting up an effective Target Disk Imaging workflow.

Once I incorporated the multi-use enrollment key into my workflow the enrollment failure rate dropped significantly. It still isn't zero, so I include a variation of @rtrouton's CasperCheck to pick up the stragglers.

bmortens115
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

yeah, the issue was the image. I created an image with a retina MBP and was imaging it onto an old non-retina MBP. So I just needed to make an image of each and label accordingly. So the retina MBP image can only go onto a retina MBP...

Thanks for the help guys!

CypherCookie
Contributor

I'm getting the same issue where the imaging isn't enrolling the machine into the JSS. I'm running JSS 9.63.

What i'm having to do instead is log onto the machine and enrol it using the quick add package manually! Any ideas as to what the problem is?

cheers,

Callum.

CypherCookie
Contributor

I'm getting the same issue where the imaging isn't enrolling the machine into the JSS. I'm running JSS 9.63.

What i'm having to do instead is log onto the machine and enrol it using the quick add package manually! Any ideas as to what the problem is?

cheers,

Callum.