Casper Imaging quits when you click "Image"

marlink
New Contributor III

I have just created a new El Capitan Base Image (10.11.4), but Casper Imaging simply "quits" or crashes when I click the Image button. This is while running off our netboot server running 10.11.3, and it only happens when I choose a configuration that includes this ElCap base image. Everything appears to work fine when choosing a Yosemite configuration (although the hardware we are currently imaging will only boot with El Capitan, so not sure of the final result).

I have tried using a configuration with base image and our common applications, as well as a configuration that ONLY contains the base image. The result is the same: click on "Image" and Casper Imaging just quits/crashes with no error messages or feedback. I'm stumped, and would love any tips or suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

yellow
Contributor

What version of the JSS & Casper Imaging are you using?

marlink
New Contributor III

Ah, you may have pointed me in the right direction: our JSS is 9.81, and I had used 9.81 throughout my workflow. It didn't hit me that the version of Casper Imaging on our NBI is still on 9.8.

I've just tried over again using Casper Imaging 9.81, and it appears to be working... I'm crossing my fingers here, but I think this might have done the trick. I should have thought of checking that in the first place! Thanks so much for the quick tip!