Casper Self Service

ccoleman
New Contributor

Hi, we use self service (Casper 9.72) and have some sporadic issues with Self Service.

Sometimes it will work, other times, the little spinning circle just goes round and round.

Users have been through the entire VPP process in approving assigning apps to them, yet it still randomly works and not works.

It doesn't seem to be specific to certain apps either - sometimes it will work for an App, others it won't.

Is there anything to check/tweak here or is anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

cpdecker
Contributor III

I am not offering advice here on what route to take, but just want to let you know what I have seen...

I ended up making all of our Apps managed in the Self Service Portal because that seems to guarantee a better chance of things working when a user hits that install button. We have the App store disabled so the SSP is the only way for some users to get Apps. I'm not happy about going this route since I think it introduces some volatility (I click the wrong thing and Apps go bye bye, or server gets angry and Apps go bye bye) but it's the compromise I made.

The only other thing I can say is to check and make sure that the licensing for your Apps is actually given to that particular user in the Users tab. It usually takes about 15 minutes for our licenses to become attached to the relevant AppleID after a user accepts the VPP invitation.

Best of luck!

ccoleman
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for that. Can I just confirm. Below is an example of our Self Service App Setup. Should Target Users be set to All Users (if we want all users to get it when we want?)
33eb2b482939446ba063737daf66188e

bcampbell
Contributor

Since you have devices set to All Mobile Devices, my understanding is that what you list under Target Users will not make any difference. All Mobile Devices scopes the app to all managed devices regardless of the user.