CasperCheck - zip file corrupt

EmmaV3
New Contributor

Hello,

Bit of background; I re-designed our JSS on a separate server to our existing JSS and created loads of new functionality for it. One of the things I implemented was that wonderful CasperCheck auto-reenrollment policy which worked like a charm.

However we wanted to keep the same JSS name so we retired the old server and re-named the new one (jss.companyname.com)

One of the last stages of the switch would be re-implementing the CasperCheck policy along with the associated CasperCheck.pkg (containing caspercheck.sh, and LaunchDaemon to call the script) and the new QuickAdd.pkg for the re-named server.

Originally I had housed the Quickadd.pkg.zip on the same web server as the JSS, so it was just a case of replacing that file with the new one.

Now however, when I run the caspercheck.sh script I get the following output:

2015-10-08 10:36:57 ======== Starting CasperCheck ========
2015-10-08 10:36:57 Checking for active network connection.
2015-10-08 10:36:57 Network connection appears to be live.
2015-10-08 10:36:57 Pausing for two minutes to give WiFi and DNS time to come online.
2015-10-08 10:38:57 Access to site network verified
2015-10-08 10:38:57 Machine can connect to jss.company.com over port 8443. Proceeding.
2015-10-08 10:38:57 Downloading Casper agent installer from server.
2015-10-08 10:38:57 Downloaded zip file appears to be corrupted. Exiting CasperCheck.
2015-10-08 10:38:57 ======== CasperCheck Finished ========

And calling the script in terminal results in this:

[/tmp/quickadd.zip] End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on the last disk(s) of this archive. unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /tmp/quickadd.zip or /tmp/quickadd.zip.zip, and cannot find /tmp/quickadd.zip.ZIP, period.

I've verified the files with 'file' in terminal:
QuickAdd.pkg.zip: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract

Compressing on 10.9.5 then tried 10.10.5 also Windows.

Has anybody come across this or have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Emma

3 REPLIES 3

EmmaV3
New Contributor

It appears to be something to do with the web server (possibily as a result of changing the name) as I uploaded the QuickAdd.pkg.zip to another webserver and:

2015-10-08 15:38:17 Downloading Casper agent installer from server.
2015-10-08 15:38:17 Downloaded zip file appears to be a valid zip archive. Proceeding.

Ah :(

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Now you know why I added that check. :-)

EmmaV3
New Contributor

Smart man!

Do you know what may be causing that then? Out of curiosity I verified the integrity of the downloaded zip file from the problematic web server and I get this:

quickadd.pkg.zip: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract
zip -T quickadd.pkg.zip test of quickadd.pkg.zip OK

I did a 'diff' on the .zip files downloaded from either web server (identical QuickAdds) and the diff said the binary on both .zips differ but once they're extracted it says the files are identical.

I know very little about the inner workings of web servers!

Thanks!