CasperSuite 7.3 - Recon

Not applicable

Hi all,

Thought I would post this to see if anyone else had this issue. And I have not spoken to Support about this as yet....

Recon.app 7.3 works (appears to) when activated locally and run on a client machine, it then created the Admin User and talks to the JSS. But does not add the machine into the JSS in order to be managed, nor does it add the machine into inventory.

Create a quick add package and the installation fails each time on the postflight script. Running the commands individually fails when running Recon. The error returned from the JSS is "Bad UserName or Password". I tried this on two machines in a test environment an both failed.

The work around was to open the 7.2.1 DMG and use Recon.app from that to deploy the Jamf binary 7.2.1 to the clients to add them into the JSS. At which time the JamF binary will be updated via the default policy in the JSS. I have not tested this to see if the error occurs when attempting to create the entry in mysql, or if its a Recon error. But it is a problem if your trying to add a machine into the JSS. You may have to disable the update of the Jamf binary Policy in order to leave the clients on 7.2.1....

Background
Clean 10.6.4 Xserve with 12GB RAM 1.78 HW-RAID 5, 100GB Boot Volume
Fresh installation of 7.2.1 clients and servers added and tested. System operating correctly
Upgraded to CasperSuite 7.3
Created Quick Add Package Add User to Administer the workstation Tick Box allow Invalid Certificate

Tomos

Tomos Tyler
National Project Manager
Tomos.Tyler at compnow.com.au

Computers Now Pty Ltd

Scanned by the Computers Now Firewall

1 REPLY 1

mbuckner
Contributor

We are having this problem, too. After digging a little, we found out that the client can’t talk to the jss because the certificate is not trusted. Anyone know how to fix this?