CentOS 7 NetBoot/SUS Appliance Issues

iamkmc
New Contributor III

Hey Guys,

Not sure if anyone else is running the netsus appliance on CentOS 7, but I ran into a few issues with the installation script for NetSUS_3.0.1.run. Just figured I should share some work arounds:

1. Install Apache, Samba, and Xinet prior to running the installation script.
  2. You'll need to install these two dependencies (compat-db-headers-4.7.25-27.el7.noarch.rpm and compat-db47-4.7.25-27.el7.x86_64.rpm)
  3. Once you kick off the install script, any other blanks should be filled.

NOTE: CentOS 7 no longer keeps daemons for httpd, smbd, and xinetd in /etc/ so the script will freak out and claim it's unable to start these services. You'll have to use "systemctl" to restart these services after the installation is complete. I would advise creating a script you could execute in the future if you ever need to restart or possible upgrade NetSUS in the future.

I'm still testing things out, but did notice "Could not save settingsCould not save settingsCould not save settings" always appears at the top of each webpage as you work your way through the web console for NetSUS. Not sure how much of a concern this is but will be sure to add more notes going forward if I stumble across anything new.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iamkmc
New Contributor III

Disabling setenforce resolved this issue for me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

iamkmc
New Contributor III

Disabling setenforce resolved this issue for me.