Change settings on existing NetBoot image?

jchoate
New Contributor

Client provided us with a NetBoot image from their Casper infrastructure for us to use on our internal Casper infrastructure in order to mass image systems for them.

The issue is that their NetBoot image is set to go looking for their JSS server, and I need to alter it to look for our JSS server instead.

Not finding anything about the subject, nor did I find any plist for Casper Imaging to edit.

Thoughts? Solutions? (BTW, the client runs the full Casper Suite - we are only running the Imaging Suite.)

4 REPLIES 4

rockpapergoat
Contributor III

crack open the netboot image and change the prefs under /Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.jamf.plist to use your server. it should work.

jchoate
New Contributor

That's the one thing I found in my searching - the problem is that file doesn't exist.

Plenty of "com.apple" plists. Nothing for JAMF.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

While it should be located in the root Library folder, you might want to also look for any com.jamfsoftware plists under the Library/Preferences folder for the account that logs in during imaging. Not sure if that's "root" or another local admin account in your case.

talkingmoose

JAMF has a KB article that should be relevant: Updating NetBoot Image After Casper Suite or Casper Imaging Upgrade.

I've had to do this myself. It was as simple as opening my NetBoot .dmg file and editing the user's ~/Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.jss.plist file. This is the user account that actually runs the Casper application.