Cisco AnyConnect 4.8 deployment

SGN
New Contributor III

Hi Team,
Can anyone suggest for the best practice of Cisco V4.8 upgrade. 1. Do we need to remove cisco 4.6 ? to upgrade 4.8 ? or can we over write from 4.6 - 4.8

1. What will be the impact if the user is already connected to the CISCO VPN ? while pushing the package along with the settings. Can we have any trigger message saying that user vpn will be upgrade etc.
3 REPLIES 3

geoff_widdowson
Contributor II

Last time I deployed 4.7 the install overwrote the existing install. I didn't need to uninstall anything. I have pushed it out to people already using the vpn and they didn't loose connection. I've not updated to 4.8 yet.

iJake
Valued Contributor

If the user is connected to VPN it will end the session during the install. If you need to check for an active connection look in ifconfig for an interface named “utun”

bcbackes
Contributor III

@SGN I've set mine up so it caches the install in the tmp folder, then, runs the previous version uninstaller. Once that's uninstalled, then, I run the new version installer. This process works for updating existing clients over a VPN connection. It does break the VPN connection during the uninstall portion, however, the new installer is already cached and just kicks off right after.