Cisco Anyconnect VPN message "No Components Loaded. Quitting Application"

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Anyone encounter this.

Trying to make a Snapshot with Composer, and I get this (twice now).

And I have tested it on the Mac I am making the snapshot with and Anyconnect opens fine, no message.

Cisco AnyConnect version 3.1.00495, Mac OS 10.8.2

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Will try the supplied Cisco pkg.

thx,

John

View solution in original post

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Worked like a champ, thx nkalister.

John

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Snickasaurus
Contributor

Is your snapshot of an already used and confirmed AnyConnect install (meaning you've opened it an connected with it to download your companies SSL cert) or is this just an install without opening it first?

johnklimeck
Contributor II

The snapshot is from a newly imaged OS 10.8.2 Mac. From that Mac (after the install, and before the second snapshot), I launch Anyconnect to ensure it launches, which it does, with no IP connection information, blank, which is how I want it.

Snickasaurus
Contributor

If there is anything located in
/opt/cisco/vpn/profile
try deleting it an relaunching the AnyConnect client. Sounds strange but on a fresh install and snapshot this happened to me. I started messing around with different files/folders (zipping before trying anything) and removing that folder then relaunching seemed to work. But if you haven't connected to anything I doubt that folder would even exist

nkalister
Valued Contributor

stop using a composer snapshot. The anyconnect installer works fine within the casper world without repackaging.
I'm using the package as supplied by cisco with no issues.

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Will try the supplied Cisco pkg.

thx,

John

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Worked like a champ, thx nkalister.

John

nkalister
Valued Contributor

you're welcome! :)

Snickasaurus
Contributor

I might try that on the next update. But currently I'm using a package I created in Casper with my companies SSL cert along a profile that populates our VPN servers in the drop down box. nkalister do you have a method for doing that after your push the default Cisco installer or do you just leave it as is?
John how about you?

Josh_S
Contributor III

Just a quick tip on the Cisco AnyConnect package. The name of the package *must* be "vpn.pkg", at least in prior versions - I have not tried changing the name in recent versions. If someone knows if this is no longer the case, please let me know. It would be nice to be able to have different versions on the server.

I change the "Display Name" to match my naming conventions with added version number so I know exactly what I'm installing, but the actual file name stays at "vpn.pkg".

Huber
New Contributor

New to this thread, but hoping to see if anyone has other resolutions. I've tried adding AnyConnect to policy with the base package from Cisco, and from one built in Composer, both give the same error as above "no components loaded, quitting application." Looking to emulate the same process as Snickasauras above, where we add a profile in the vpn folder that pre-populates all of our VPN servers, as our deployment will require this long term.

Huber
New Contributor

Solved! We followed the guidance in this link: http://www.officeformachelp.com/office/administration/deployment/casper/

Hope this works for future use!

ELW
New Contributor

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I've been messing with AnyConnect today and had the same issue.

First, /url][/url">@nkalister][/url][/url is right -- the default AnyConnect installer does work fine. However, I haven't yet been able to get it to install without the Web Security, Posture, and DART modules. I tried using the ACTransforms.xml file mentioned in the documentation ([http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/ac02asaconfig.html#wp1612894), but I haven't had any luck. It would help if they listed all of the properties... If anyone knows how to use the default AnyConnect package but not install specific modules, please let me know.

So, I ended up using the snapshot method to lay down the files, but then of course I get the error "No components loaded. Quitting application." However, AnyConnect works fine after a reboot. While that would probably be acceptable, I wasn't satisfied. This led me to do a little research and figure out that vpnagentd needed to be running. So, I wrote a one line post install script to run the following command:

#!/bin/sh 

#Launches the vpnagentd process; if this isn't running, AnyConnect doesn't run
/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnagentd

So, lay down the files and run a post install script to run vpnagentd. Also don't forget to include your profile.xml file in /opt/cisco/anyconnect/vpn/profile. You can either manually add it to the package, or have it copied during the install by having it in the Profile directory in the same location as the AnyConnect.pkg file.

Hope this helps someone. :)

Disclaimer: I used PackageMaker to build my AnyConnect .pkg, but I'm sure Composer will work too.

Person
New Contributor III

Since this was already posted, I will use this again though it is dated 2013. Hopefully, I will get a reply but I am seeing this issue on one computer. I am unsure of other options. I am installing Cisco Anyconnect 4.6. I did at one point get the software to install after uninstalling, changed default network from ethernet to wifi and reinstalling but at some point today it failed again.

The computer this happening to I have uninstalled the software manually and with uninstall. I have reinstalled macOS (10.13), modified the /opt/cisco/ folder. Done some of the things above as well.