Cisco Jabber Provisioning

DA001KL
New Contributor III

Has anyone created a script for Cisco (VoIP) Jabber provisioning?

According to the information I have been provided the application gets installed. After install, the user would need to click on a provisioning link that would configure the application to talk to the correct server. This works fine if add the link into Safari manually after the application is installed. Though I would like it if the application just opens after install with the provisioning link eliminating the need for the user even to know about the provisioning link. I have tried to add this

I have tried to add this as an execute command in JAMF after install (Fail it only opens the app doesn’t add the provisioning info)
Created a script to launch Safari to launch with a certain url in the $4 variable. (this works for normal web pages but not this link)

I feel I am overlooking something very simple here and can't figure it out

Example url that Cisco wants you to launch

ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=cisco.com
&VoiceServicesDomain=alphauk.cisco.com&ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices=CUCM,CUP
&ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt=OF

Cisco direction on URL provisioning: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_0100.html

6 REPLIES 6

timdsmith72
New Contributor II

I am currently facing the same problem. I would be interested in any responses to this as well.

timdsmith72
New Contributor II

Ok. I figured this out if you're interested. At least it works in my environment. I created a script in the JSS, then added a script payload to the policy that installs Jabber. Parameter 4 is set to the provisioning URL. Here's the script:

The_URL="$4"
(
RunCount=0
Limit=30
Current_User="NONE_NADA_ZIP"
while [[ -z "$(ps -c -u $Current_User | awk /Finder/)" ]]  && [[ "$RunCount" -lt "$Limit" ]]; do
let RunCount=$RunCount+1
sleep 2
Current_User=$(stat -f%Su /dev/console)
done
if [ "$The_URL" ] && [ "$(ps -ax -u $Current_User | awk '/Finder/ && !/awk/')" ]; then
sleep 1
/usr/bin/osascript<<END
tell application "Safari"
    activate
    open location "$The_URL"
end tell
END
fi 
) &

imgappleadmin
New Contributor

Thanks for this! Testing this out on Monday.

cwilsonncaa
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I have confirmed this works for us. The only drawback is the needing to open Safari. I wish Cisco would change this.

kryan
New Contributor

anyone have a script for this?

kryan
New Contributor

I found this command to install the app "sudo installer -pkg /path_to/Install_Cisco-Jabber-Mac.pkg -target /" -> how would I script that?