Citrix Workspace package and policy

AndrewWilliamso
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Fairly new to Jamf, having an issue getting a Self-Service installer for Citrix Workspace to function.
I have downloaded the .dmg file from Citrix, packaged it up, and added it to an install policy. I've enabled FUT and FEU as it's a .dmg and not .pkg. But on installing from our Self Service, the application isn't actually installed despite self service saying install complete (not appearing in Applications list).

Any guidance on where to go?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JoshRouthier
Contributor

The Workspace .dmg has a .pkg file inside of it. I have successfully had Workspace install by removing the .pkg from the .dmg, and upload the .pkg to the Jamf Admin.app. We dont do any sort of customization with Workspace, so the barebone app is good enough.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

whofman
New Contributor

Same problem here.
In Self Service it says: "Downloading => Executing => Finishing => Done!", but nothing happens.

JoshRouthier
Contributor

The Workspace .dmg has a .pkg file inside of it. I have successfully had Workspace install by removing the .pkg from the .dmg, and upload the .pkg to the Jamf Admin.app. We dont do any sort of customization with Workspace, so the barebone app is good enough.

Hello Josh, I see this is a bit older of a thread but hopefully you can help. I can not seem to figure out how to pull the .pkg file out of the .dmg file. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey - Original poster here, 3 years on!

I've since implemented Installomator script for deploying a bunch of apps, Citrix Workspace included among many others. Simply create policies with parameters pointing to the correct items in the Installomator script - The installs are evergreen so you don't need to update your install policies. 

What if you want an LTR release can installomator handle that @AndrewWilliamso ?

bmee
Contributor

We are currently using this script for install and update citrix workspace.