Clearing the Safari Cache on iPads

kiwisteve
New Contributor II

I seems I cannot remotely clear the Safari cache on non-shared iPads, but I'm close to finding an alternative solution.

Ojisan Seiuchi has found that when iOS Safari is presented with a URL in a certain format, it will execute preference settings on the device.

Settings → Safari → Clear History and Website Data has its own URL and by loading that URL through an iOS Shortcut created using the Shortcuts app, you can quickly clear Safari.  This worked immediately for me.

Now I'm looking for a way to deploy that shortcut via JAMF Pro.  Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

4 REPLIES 4

Nicholas185
New Contributor

@kiwisteve wrote:

I seems I cannot remotely clear the Safari cache on non-shared iPads, but I'm close to finding an alternative solution.

Ojisan Seiuchi has found that when iOS Safari is presented with a URL in a certain format, it will execute preference settings on the device.

Settings → Safari → Clear History and Website Data has its own URL and by loading that URL through an iOS Shortcut created using the Shortcuts app, you can quickly clear Safari.  This worked immediately for me.

Now I'm looking for a way to deploy that shortcut via JAMF Pro.  Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

To remotely clear Safari cache on non-shared iPads, a workaround involves using an iOS Shortcut that executes Safari preference settings through a specific URL format. This Shortcut, created using the Shortcuts app, can be converted into a URL link. To deploy this solution via JAMF Pro, consider creating a custom configuration profile or script that includes the URL or method to trigger the iOS Shortcut. Deploy the configuration to devices through JAMF Pro, ensuring proper permissions, and conduct thorough testing to confirm successful execution. Take into account security considerations and communicate any changes to users. Explore JAMF Pro documentation and forums for detailed implementation guidance.

Thanks @Nicholas185  That works well.

Is there a way of doing something similar with Jamf School?

kiwisteve
New Contributor II

Sorry @ScouseCoxy  I'm not familiar with Jamf School.  Hopefully someone else will post a reply to your question.