Code42 Full Disk Access Config Profile

kirkd
New Contributor II

Hello, Does anyone have info on a config profile that automates Full Disk Access for Code42 apps? I need one that works for intel/M1 as well as Big Sur and Catalina.

5 REPLIES 5

kirkd
New Contributor II

Update on this: I have a config profile for intel Macs that seems to be working. I used the info from this link: https://support.code42.com/Administrator/Cloud/Configuring/Grant_Code42_permissions_to_macOS_devices#Confirm_full_disk_access_status

Does anyone have info on how to get this to work in Big Sur/M1 Macs? I'll test, I don't expect it to work.....

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

The same configuration profile I created for Catalina appears to be working for Big Sur on Apple Silicon based Macs.

Category: Computer Level

Identifier:
com.backup42.desktop

Identifier Type:
Bundle ID

Code Requirement:
identifier "com.backup42.desktop" and anchor apple generic and certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] / exists / and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] / exists / and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = "9YV9435DHD"

(Unselected Validate the Static Code Requirement)

App or Service:
SystemPolicyAllFiles Allow

evaldes
New Contributor III

You forgot to add the asterisks before and after the forward slash exists sections.

identifier "com.backup42.desktop" and anchor apple generic and certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = "9YV9435DHD"

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

@evaldes You are correct.  I looked again in our Jamf Pro console and the asterisks are there.  I don't know why they don't appear in the post from 04-01-2021

kirkd
New Contributor II

Thanks! Funny enough, I got this going after I posted via PPPC Utility.