colorsync profiles not installed with printer

Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a Konica Minolta Bizhub C35P printer in our school and I am having difficulties getting the colorsync profile to deploy with it. Deploying the printer driver works fine using Casper, but when I try to deploy the printer configuration it is not linking to the colorsync profile (icc file) that the driver installs. If I add the printer manually on any of these machines the printer appears in the devices tab of colorsync utility with the correct icc profile, but if I deploy it by adding the printer using Casper Admin (from a machine that has the colorsync profile showing up correctly) the profile does not seem to be getting linked (no record in the devices tab of colorsync utility, and when printing, the driver has nothing to link to under "colour matching". The icc file is in the correct place from where it is deployed by the printer driver ( Library/Printers/KONICAMINOLTA/C35P/Profiles/bzC35Pps.icc) . I have done a "monitor file system changes" in composer to see what gets modified when adding the printer manually and it looks like the colorsync info is added to /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences file which isn't modified when the printer is deployed via casper.

Has anyone else experienced this or is there perhaps a step I am missing?

Regards,
Marcus Ransom
Senior Support Analyst
Carey Baptist Grammar School
Kew Campus
349 Barkers Road Kew Victoria Australia 3101
ICT Service Desk: +61 3 9816 1249
www.carey.com.au

Did you know you can directly log support requests<https://www.careylink.com.au/Admin%20and%20Info/ict/ictservicedesk/Pages/Home.aspx> on CareyLink? Logging a job directly ensures a quicker response to tasks.

DISCLAIMER:This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the School. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The School accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

0 REPLIES 0