Compiling and Self Service quirks in 8.21?

Not applicable

I'm seeing a couple of quirks in our environment, and wanted to see if anyone else is seeing them or has found fixes already.

1. After upgrading our JSS Server to 10.6.8 and 8.21, I'm having an issue compiling our 10.6.8 loads. I'm compiling from a 10.6.8 machine, and our load consists of a 10.6 retail dmg and the 10.6.8 combo updater. I'm getting an error every time it tries to perform the install of 10.6, but the only thing it tells me is "The OS Installer failed. Here is the message: Installing OSInstall.mpkg…"
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

EDIT: Sorry for the double post…accidentally hit Send.

I'm seeing a couple of quirks in our environment, and wanted to see if anyone else is seeing them or has found fixes already.

1. After upgrading our JSS Server to 10.6.8 and 8.21, I'm having an issue compiling our 10.6.8 loads. I'm compiling from a 10.6.8 machine, and our load consists of a 10.6 retail dmg and the 10.6.8 combo updater. I'm getting an error every time it tries to perform the install of 10.6, but the only thing it tells me is "The OS Installer failed. Here is the message: Installing OSInstall.mpkg…"

2. After the JSS upgrade, some of our users (in a different domain than our JSS, but that didn't matter previously as long as we used the FQDN in our JAMF.conf file) are having issues launching Self Service. The icon bounces and then quits immediately. If I remove the JAMF.conf file, Self Service starts up, but obviously I get an error message saying "Self Service can't connect to the JSS Server: (null)" As soon as I recreate the JAMF.conf file, Self Service goes back to not launching.

Has anyone seen these issues?

Thanks,
Bob

abenedict
New Contributor II

Are you compiling from a 10.6 machine? I know that has been an issue before,
the OS installer will fail if you are attempting to compile it from say a
10.7 machine.
--
Alan Benedict
?
Macintosh Technician