Compiling Image Error

JeremyL
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Using Casper Admin 8.52 I am trying to compile a base image but keep receiving the following error message:

external image link

I'm rather confused by all of the 3ivx package errors because there are none set to be installed.
The OS dmg that I am using for the image was created by my predecessor and has been used for past compilations with no such issues. When I check the Receipts folder on the machine used for compiling I do see the 3ivx packages but don't know what the issue is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JeremyL
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

The package causing the issue was the HP printer drivers. Recently a newer version (v2.9) was released so I tried that and received no error messages.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

nessts
Valued Contributor II

look at the admin tool, check what package it was installing at the time of the error box, then install that package manually on a target disk other than / and see what happens
installer -target /Volumes/otherOS -pkg ./packagewitherro -verboseR -dumplog

its almost always my fault when i see an error during compile, or a vendor package might need to be installed at firstboot, you can check that in the package properties.

the other errors are going to be errors you see when you run installer from the command line from packages that use old format packages instead of getting their receipts into the pkgutil format.

frozenarse
Contributor II

I think this was caused by having packages that were signed with the expired Apple certificate... I could be wrong though.

JeremyL
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

The package causing the issue was the HP printer drivers. Recently a newer version (v2.9) was released so I tried that and received no error messages.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

thanks for posting the follow up, I ran into the same thing today with 2.8 HP drivers from Apple not compiling properly, and this saved me the time of trying to troubleshoot further. Good to go with 2.9.