Composer 10.43.1 – no drag & drop possible

HeikoH
New Contributor II

Hello!

I try to use Composer 10.43.1 on a M1/14"/2021 with macOS 13.2. Downloaded App from Jamf, installed, Helper Application on program startup activated, I cancel the packet-creation method and get the usual window. But I can't drag & drop anything on it. The only functional button is the "New" button I don't need.

What I tried:

Remove App, Helper Application, Preferences and reinstalled --> did not work
I tried an older Version (10.26) I found on my disk --> did not work either

Anybody with similar problems and – maybe – a solution?

Best
Heiko

4 REPLIES 4

HeikoH
New Contributor II

Addendum: Made a second account on my device and tried it again --> didn't work.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Is the problem present with an older version of Composer? You don't actually have to use the same version of Composer as your Jamf Pro server. It's an independent application from the Jamf Pro server, so using any version is ok. For example, for a long while our on-prem server was behind by several versions, but I was always able to use the latest version of Composer without issue. Same would be true in reverse.

That being said, I'll pull down the 10.43.1 version and see if I can replicate this issue and let you know.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Just following up, I had no problem using Composer version 10.43.1 to do a drag and drop to create a new package resource. I wonder if the app was in a weird unselected state when you saw this, meaning the app may not have been in the front when dragging it in, even though it may have looked like it was. Is that possible?

Edit: Forgot to mention, this was on macOS Monterey 12.6.3. I didn't try it on Ventura. You didn't mention what OS version this was on, so I wonder if that's making the difference.

HeikoH
New Contributor II

Thanks for testing. Since Composer worked on Monterey and Ventura from my external SSD, I wiped my work device last night and now it's working. Had no time for more troubleshooting. So the issue is gone.