I have been fighting composer for a couple of days and what's odd, composer works with .dmg files. I can create .dmg files, but if I choose to create a .pkg file, it fails. Further, if I try and take an existing, working .pkg file into composer and attempt to convert it to source, it fails to convert. I have uninstalled and removed all preference files. I have tried this on a VM, my Mac and another Mac. We have tried three different versions of composer. They are all doing this. This makes me believe an OS update could have borked composer. Anyone else having troubles lately?
Having the same issue here and I've been already frustrated enough trying to deploy AnyConnect with only specific modules, and the OrgInfo.json file for Umbrella. Tried using the ACTransforms.xml file, but Cisco documentation is terrible.
What OS and platform (Apple Silicon / Intel) are using with Composer?
Have you verified within System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> Privacy that Composer has been granted Full Disk Access?
It's been on Intel only and happening across Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. Tried latest versions of Composer and older ones. Full Disk Access has been granted when needed. I just stopped starting with .pkg's and trying to make a source of that, and using the .dmg. No issue since then.
Does/has anyone found a solution for this. Can't really go back to an older version as I dont have one. I am running Monterey on Intel with Rosetta added for some other apps to function. This issue has been going on for a long time. Can't really resort to a DMG when the vendor is only offering PKG's.
Has anyone tried to move the following folder out to see if that helps?
I don't say delete it as it keeps your projects in there and I for one don't like losing the contents.
I had trouble years back, and that seemed to help, but I'm not seeing this issue at the moment...
I just came across this issue. I am trying to convert a package to a source I I get "Converting to Source Failed" I am using Composer 10.41.0, on M1 Mac. I tried changing "Executable Types in PKGs" from "Automatically detect executable types" to "One or more executables require Rosetta" but that doesn't seem to work for me. Also I made sure the application has full disk access via Security and Privacy. Not sure what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm still not seeing this issue, but when I've had issues with Composer in the past, I have moved (moved, not nuked as you lose other good things in Composer) the folder:
To the desktop or other place. Quit Composer first, move, then re-launch Composer. See if that helps...
You'll notice that the items in the left column are gone - which is why I say don't delete it yet.
If it works now, you'll know there was something corrupted in that folder...worth a shot.
To add to the above, in case you're not totally used to the quirks of Jamf - if your Mac that you're using to build packages is enrolled into a Jamf instance, that folder below will go away if you unenroll from Jamf.
Make sure you keep it backed up somewhere if you need to keep the past work for reference. I lost a ton of packages back in the day due to that and was REALLY bummed!