Composer Freezing

johnnasset
Contributor

We have a number of machines that are failing to upgrade the JAMF Binary and as a result are not checking in with the JSS. Lacking a policy based solution, I am trying to leverage ARD. It seems delivering the jamf policy command forces the computers to upgrade the binary and resume recurring check-in. My thought was scripting the JAMF version into the computer info field in ARD and then using ARD to run the jamf policy command to force the binary update. When attempting to build a package in Composer to a)drop the script in /Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin and b)use a post-flight script in Composer to execute said script, Composer freezes on the build portion of the package. See attached screenshot. Here is the script I'm caching in /Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin:

#!/bin/sh

jamfVersion=$(jamf version | awk -F= '{print $2}')

echo "JAMF version is ${jamfVersion}"

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -computerinfo -set2 -2 "${jamfVersion}"

Here is the post-flight script:

#!/bin/sh

/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfVersionARD.sh

exit 0      ## Success
exit 1      ## Failure

This is running on version 10.11.1. I've dumped the /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Composer folder but no go. Strange as the package will build w/o the post flight script. Composer just sits like this until I force quit. Thoughts?

e7efff8d50f644e2a709fc99054956ba

Regards,
John

0 REPLIES 0