Configuration Profile errors on some computers

rgerman
Contributor

Hello,
I created a configuration profile using the latest version of the PPPC Utility. The config file allows code42 CrashPlan to backup user data. I have deployed the profile via our JAMF server to all of the computers running code42 and macOS 10.14-10.15. It successfully deployed to most computers but a few are failing. When I looked at the failed computer's Management tab in Jamf, I can see the error on why it failed. This is the first time I have seen any config file fail on deployment and JAMF and don't know what is causing the error or a work around. I was wondering if anyone has seen this type of error and if they have a work around.

In the payload (UUID: 8J90C2CA-AEBA-5406-9FG9-15789FE40QWR2), the key 'MediaLibrary' is not allowed.

As a note MediaLibrary is set to Allowed in the config profile and the vast majority of our machines are accepting the config profile without error. I tried removing MDM from the affected computers the re-enrolling and approving the MDM but I still get the same error. I also re-booted between the steps.

Any input or ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rgerman
Contributor

You put me on the right track... It turns out the profile only fails if the macOS is less than 10.14.6. All of the failed computers were running a lesser point update of 10.14
I ran on a test machine and after the update to 10.14.6 the config file was accepted, no problem!
Many Thanks!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

I suspect that the "MediaLibrary" setting might only pertain to macOS 10.15 Catalina. Check if the failure is only happening to devices that have macOS 10.14 Mojave. You might need to create two different Configuration Profiles and scope them accordingly.

For the PPPC covering Code42 Crashplan in our environment, the only allowed access we have enabled is for "SystemPolicyAllFiles".

rgerman
Contributor

You put me on the right track... It turns out the profile only fails if the macOS is less than 10.14.6. All of the failed computers were running a lesser point update of 10.14
I ran on a test machine and after the update to 10.14.6 the config file was accepted, no problem!
Many Thanks!!

mani2care
Contributor

yes im also facing the same issue

Install Configuration Profile NTS_Bomgar In the payload (UUID: DC111221-1F80-xxxxxx-xxxxx-96E74C923606), the required key 'Allowed' is missing.