Configuration Profile - Mobility Payload syntax

rmccormack
New Contributor

We are trying to deploy a configuration profile with a mobility payload and are having one minor issue. The user level configuration profile deploys successfully except for one piece. Under Rules -> Home Sync -> Sync Folders - we are trying to specify only to sync the Documents folder. I'm assuming they syntax is wrong (but we have tried many different combinations) it is my understanding that we need to specify this using ~/Documents however Documents are not checked under the mobile account settings.

6 REPLIES 6

techmchs
New Contributor III

Did you ever find a response to this?

rcorbin
Contributor II

Sounds very similar to a discussion I just started. Did either of you ever find any answers out about this ?

My discussion : https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=8906

Joseph_Morris
Contributor

What is the error message that you are getting when you attempt to deploy your Mobility settings.

rcorbin
Contributor II

I've specified to sync the ~/Documents under the Mobility -> Rules -> Home Sync section.

There isn't really an error message, but if I go to Sync the client it just says that no folders have been selected to sync.

Just tried taking out the ~/ thinking maybe that wasn't needed.

I also specified that the sync should be manual, but in the mobile account settings log in and log out are selected. I do he the profiles as being listed in the profile preference pane.

rcorbin
Contributor II

Seems to work if I select merge with users settings. But then the user has the ability to change the settings. Not sure if that's a big issue or not, but it's interesting that it doesn't seem to work without that checked off.

rcorbin
Contributor II

Seems to work if I select merge with users settings. But then the user has the ability to change the settings. Not sure if that's a big issue or not, but it's interesting that it doesn't seem to work without that checked off.