Configuring O365 Outlook on iOS

mpittcasd
Contributor

I'm trying to set up a configuration profile for Outlook via Office 365. If I go into settings to configure it manually by selecting Exchange it will detect the O365 log in and go through no problem, but with my Configuration Profile it won't accept the password. I also tried deploying the Outlook app using this post to no avail: https://www.jamf.com/blog/o365-ios-and-jamf-best-login-ever/ 

My settings for the Configuration Profile are the same as the Outlook app where I use the $username and $email variables to pull the info from JAMF. For both it is being applied correctly but just can't authenticate for some reason. I saw some other folks asking about O365 but I haven't been able to find anyone having issues on the discussions I read through. Hopefully someone can point out something easy I might have missed.

2 REPLIES 2

Jack_Trautlein
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi. Jamf SE here. I actually went through this exact process last summer and I have a barebones app config:

<dict>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAccountName</key>
<string>$FULLNAME</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerHostName</key>
<string>outlook.office365.com</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAddress</key>
<string>$EMAIL</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailUPN</key>
<string>$EMAIL</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.AccountDomain</key>
<string></string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerAuthentication</key>
<string>Username and Password</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.AccountType</key>
<string>ModernAuth</string>
</dict>

Appreciate the reply. Apparently I needed to have someone enable OAuth or something on our new Exchange server. After that was enabled the configuration worked in the iOS mail app.