Could not mount distribution point

tak10
Contributor II

Hello All,

We just completed our JumpStart and already running into an issue. The first phase of our implementation is to provide the Self Service to the users. I have different packages setup to installing using policies. Individually, the installation runs fine but when I run install policies back to back on the same machine the second policy fails with "Could not mount distribution point". When I restart the computer, the second policy runs fine.

We are running Windows 2012 R2 servers and using AD service account as Read-only. The weird part is, when I setup my AD account to have the same permission as the read-only account to the CasperShare, I do not see the problem. Older discussion suggested to remove special characters from password because it conflict with MySQL storing the password but it's not the case.

Any suggestions will be very helpful because I definitely do not want to use my AD account as the read-only account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aziz
Valued Contributor

I had the same issue.

Windows Server 2012 R2 as our DP, changing the hostname from DNS to the IP of the share fixed our issue. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aziz
Valued Contributor

I had the same issue.

Windows Server 2012 R2 as our DP, changing the hostname from DNS to the IP of the share fixed our issue. Hope that helps!

tak10
Contributor II

Wow, thanks you. That fixed the issue.