Craft Manager "auto update" without admin prompt

sroskosch
New Contributor

Hello Everyone --

I'm working with our tech team to put in a package within Jamf/Self Service to be able to look for the most recent version of Craft Manager and also install without admin credentials.

With the amount of updates Craft has, we don't have the capacity or resources to package a new version every couple of weeks. I know a former developer found out how to do it thru Jamf for Sketch, but she has left. I've reached out to the vendor and they say they don't control permissions or admin rights.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@sroskosch Not sure if you do use Autopkg/r in your environment but if you do, you can create your own recipe for automatich patching of Craft Manager or even better, there are already some Craft Manager recipes.

Cranappras
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@sroskosch Also, if you are using the patch management mechanism, my feed (cranappras) on https://beta2.communitypatch.com/ has a patch definition for Craft Manager that you can subscribe to in your Jamf server.

djrory
Contributor

@txhaflaire and @Cranappras Hi Guys, could you please elaborate on how to achieve this? How do I use the beta2.communitypatch page you mentioned?
I have found your feed and the Craft Manager application, but how do I put this into action?