CrashPlan ProE installer error

msardes
New Contributor III

Anyone know why I may be getting these errors ? I am following the documented procedure and the installer fails.

nstalling CrashPlanCustomInstallation.dmg...
Closing package...
Copying Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg...
Installing Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg...
Installing Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg...
Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is CrashPlan
installer: Installing at base path /
installer:PHASE:Preparing for installation…
installer:PHASE:Preparing the disk…
installer:PHASE:Preparing CrashPlan…
installer:PHASE:Waiting for other installations to complete…
installer:PHASE:Configuring the installation…
installer:STATUS:
installer:%11.744531
installer:PHASE:Running package scripts…
installer:%97.750000
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
Unmounting file server...

6 REPLIES 6

msardes
New Contributor III

Nevermind it may be the permissions applied to the custom installer package.

carlo_anselmi
Contributor III

Hello, would you be so kind explaining me how you solved that?
I am receiving mixed results from installing CPProE according to the deployment guide.
While very few clients are OK, most report this error

Event log from the policy:

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.62 Executing Policy CRASHPLAN - LAPTOPS... Mounting afp://MYJSSSERVER/CasperShare to /Volumes/CasperShare... Installing CrashPlanCustomInstallation.dmg... Closing package... Copying Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg... Installing Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg... Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is CrashPlan
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.) Unmounting file server...

Many thanks for your help
Ciao
Carlo

carlo_anselmi
Contributor III

Hello everyone, I would like to add that only 10.6.8 clients have issues with the same login policy that works perfectly with 10.8 ones (customisation within a dmg + CP installer as PKG) .
I have also created a different selfservice policy that simply copies the original "full" customized CP .dmg installer locally and then executes this script

#!/bin/sh
hdiutil attach /Applications/CrashPlanPROe_Mac.dmg
/usr/sbin/installer -pkg /Volumes/CrashPlanPROe/Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg -target /
sudo umount -f /Volumes/CrashPlanPROe
rm -rf /Applications/CrashPlanPROe_Mac.dmg
exit 0

When running from SelfService (limited to the IT support group) while being logged in as the user, I can successfully install CP to 10.6 clients.
If I change the SelfService into a login policy for the users, again the CP installer fails as reported above.

Any help or alternative solution would be greatly appreciated!
Ciao
Carlo

agirardi
New Contributor II

Carlo,

I just got the same error message you are seeing. Have not seen it before. We are halfway through our deployment and it has worked fine on other OS X 10.7.5 workstations. Will see what else I dig up while trying to solve this.

jthurwood
New Contributor III

I'm getting this same error, did anyone manage to get this working using the pkg from CrashPlan?

agirardi
New Contributor II

Resolution for my issue was documented in this thread.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5864