Creating a search/report to show Boot Runner stats...

tu-egadsby
New Contributor

Dear Friends,

As our academic year is ending now is the time to check out the state of the union on our duel boot labs. We use Boot Runner and I know that on each machine if I run ```
defaults read /Library/Application Support/Twocanoes/Boot Runner/bootrunnerstats.plist
``` that will show me the stats.

I'm still a little fuzzy on extension attributes. What would be the best way to create a extension attribute that would show me this a report? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

tu-egadsby
New Contributor

So I'm still beating me head against this one I've built this script in extension attributes but it still doesn't want to work:

[#!/bin/sh
brs=defaults read /Library/Application Support/Twocanoes/Boot Runner/bootrunnerstats.plist -1 -t console | awk '{print $1}'

if [ $brs == "does not exist" ]; then echo "<result>Boot Runnner Not Installed On This Computer</result>"
else echo "<result>$brs</result>"
fi](#!/bin/sh
brs=defaults read /Library/Application Support/Twocanoes/Boot Runner/bootrunnerstats.plist -1 -t console | awk '{print $1}'

if [ $brs == "does not exist" ]; then echo "<result>Boot Runnner Not Installed On This Computer</result>"
else echo "<result>$brs</result>"
fi)

The script is based on the script proposed at: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=92. Any ideas? Thanks!

abaumgarner
New Contributor

What stats are you wanting to show in the extension attribute? My knowledge is limited as well, but from playing around with different scripts I think they will only show one item at a time.