Creating Extension Attributes Weblinks

luispalumbo
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a new field using extension attributes that is a weblink to a webpage.

I managed to create the field and insert the URL in there, however I need to select the whole URL and then copy and paste into the browser to access that webpage. I'm looking now for a way to have that URL as a weblink that would save my team a few clicks and speed up the process.

In the extension attribute I created which is returned by a script, I tried adding the HTML tag <a href></a> within the <result></result> tag but it didn't work.

Has someone come accross this situation before?

Thanks,
Luis

3 REPLIES 3

khey
Contributor

The format of the page is defined by the Div ids and classes. Your best bet is to play around with the Developer tool. sorry cant help much.ce35d5395ab64ec7aae80f6b5491db7c

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Weblinks won't work in an EA field. I don't think the JSS will parse them and display them as actual links no matter what you do. This is because of security concerns, cross site scripting, etc. It would be nice if JAMF supported this in some secure way, but I don't think that's even a consideration right now.

luispalumbo
Contributor

@khey and @mm2270 ,

Thank you for your thoughts. I've tried what @khey suggested by couldn't make it a permanent solution, and what @mm2270 said makes sense too regarding security.

I'll have use it the way I have at the moment which is not bad.

Thanks