Creating local account with Casper Remote, User cannot log in

CapU
Contributor III

Good Morning

I have created a local account with Casper Remote then thru the JSS. In both cases, the account is created however the user cannot log in. I used the JSS to change the password with no luck.
What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CapU
Contributor III

User error!!! I had "Local user may log in" un checked in the JSS

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

thoule
Valued Contributor II

If you login as a different user, can you login via terminal? Or can you SSH to the computer using that account? This sounds like a bad keyboard or other local problem (which may not be hardware related...)

CapU
Contributor III

I have to quickly give someone access. So i logged in locally with my admin account that is imbedded in the image, Created a local user with no password and that user cannot log in. Domain accounts can log in

CapU
Contributor III

I also used ARD to create an account and the same problem. That local user cannot log in. Its like the password is not set correctly

CapU
Contributor III

User error!!! I had "Local user may log in" un checked in the JSS

joethedsa
Contributor II

I don't see an option for "Local user may log in" in my JSS Cloud instance and I'm having the same issue. My JSS versions is 10.10.1-t1551187745. The account I'm creating is a standard (non-admin) . The odd thing is account is in the /Users folder and is in System Prefs > Users & Groups. The OS is HighSierra 10.13.4.