Creating Package for Prism 7 w/ license and activation

kquan
Contributor

Has anybody successfully create a licensed package for GraphPad Prism v 7a? Just curious to see what people's thoughts were in the process for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_behan
Contributor III

I create a startup config.xml file and place it in /Applications/Prism.app/Contents/Shared Support

The parameters are discussed on Page 7 here http://cdn.graphpad.com/docs/prism/How-to-Install-Prism-A-Guide-for-IT-people.pdf

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kquan
Contributor

I tried to capture the package with it licenses via Composer, when I tested it on another machine it asks for an activation code. I did notice that prior to capturing it on Composer, it asked if I wanted to allow all users or myself to use prism. I did try both options just to see but still asks for an activation code. Just wanted to see if anybody has any feedback or has tried to package this App.

Thanks in advance!

daniel_behan
Contributor III

I create a startup config.xml file and place it in /Applications/Prism.app/Contents/Shared Support

The parameters are discussed on Page 7 here http://cdn.graphpad.com/docs/prism/How-to-Install-Prism-A-Guide-for-IT-people.pdf

kquan
Contributor

hi @daniel.behan

Thank you!

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

Just in case someone finds it useful, this was my repackaging workflow for v9.1.0:

1. Install v9 to a test machine (physical or virtual)
  2. Create a prism-config.xml file and place it in /Library/Application Support/GraphPad/Prism
  3. Launch the software, enter name and email address and click Check For Updates... update if required
  4. Quit the program
  5. Launch Composer and take two snapshots. Drag in /Applications/Prism 9 and the file mentioned in point 2.
  6. Output a DMG

This is what our prism-config.xml looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF8"?>
<configuration>
<silent-activation>true</silent-activation>
<serial-number>GPS-XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX</serial-number>
<check-for-updates>false</check-for-updates>
<email-collection>optional</email-collection>
</configuration>

The software still asks for a name and email address on first launch, but we decided we can live with that.

zoeleech
New Contributor II

My config.xml doesn't have the email-collection option and don't think it prompts for details.

Also I got fed up of having to create new packages with different version of Prism, so now have AutoPKG get the latest package and then my policy to install includes this and a script which basically writes the config file to the right place. But even without AutoPKG saves having to use Composer so save a little time since can just grab the latest package from GraphPad

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

@zoeleech Thanks - just to confirm that I repackaged v9.1.1 without the 'email-collection' option and I'm not prompted to enter any details, the software fires straight up. Awesome.