Custom Config Profile for Language Input Sources

genes
New Contributor II

Hi,

Is anyone using custom config profiles to populate the "Language and Text" menu in the menu bar? I can get the menu to show up by using the MenuExtras in the following plist com.apple.systemuiserver. I run into a problem when I actually want to get specific languages into the menu. The plist that controls what languages show up in the menu is located in the User's Library/Preferences/ByHost folder and is called com.apple.HIToolbox.xxx-xxxxx.plist

Any way to send the contents of this user/computer specific plist to another machine using Configuration Profiles (10.7/10.8)?

I tried importing the entire plist into the custom section of the config profile and making the "domain" com.apple.HIToolbox.ByHost but it doesn't transfer the settings. The Profile is set to Computer Level (can't do User Level).

Thank you,

Gene

2 REPLIES 2

nessts
Valued Contributor II

well a login script could do this defaults -currentHost write com.apple.HIToolbox key value
you can determine the UUID from system_profiler i believe that is documented many times and then defaults write fullpathtofile.$UUID

genes
New Contributor II

Thanks! I'll try that.