Dameware Remote Everywhere

smontgomery
New Contributor

Hello, looking for some help/advice.

Has anyone successfully deployed the Dameware Remote Everywhere Agent?

Does anyone have a working script they could share?

We have created the bulk agent and have the ID, but no success.

Thanks for any info.

5 REPLIES 5

Fardoomz
New Contributor II

I was able to get Dameware Remote Everywhere agent to install using this script sudo ./Dameware\ Remote\ Everywhere\ Agent\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Dameware\ Remote\ Everywhere\ Agent\ Installer -s -iid (insert id key here)

Im running into issues on how to to configure a profile to accept the screen recording prompts and desktop access.

com.mspanywhere.agenthellper

Coderequirements=

identifier "com.mspanywhere.agent" and anchor apple generic and certificate 1[field.1.2.840.11...........] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.11.........] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = YT..........7

app or service = screencapture, policydesktopfolder = allow.

If I deploy the app the machine is still prompting for screencapture and desktopfolders access to be setup.

Any ideas on how to change the PPPC to have this accepted beforehand?

Dameware support has suggested putting in a feature request to suppress the prompts. This option doesn't seem doable.

smontgomery
New Contributor

Hi Fardoomz, many thanks for your response but we still can't get it to work :(

Would you be able to share your workflow ? We keep getting an error with your script "The Zip file contained no package"

Fardoomz
New Contributor II

I downloaded and installed the Dameware Remote Everywhere package locally.   Opened Jamf Composer and created a package called dre_agent_installer. 

/Library/dre_agent_installer/. This location has the app, license, copywright and dsstore.

Permissions were changed from my local creds to root and wheel (owner/group)

This packaged was then uploaded into jamf for packages.

Script created for installation:

cd "/Library/dre_agent_installer"
sudo ./Dameware\ Remote\ Everywhere\ Agent\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Dameware\ Remote\ Everywhere\ Agent\ Installer -s -iid longIIDcodehere

My jamf policy has the package and the script.

I used the PPPC utility to create a config for the security prompts that were displayed.  The only thing we cannot setup as allow is the ScreenCapture as the user has to accept and setup when prompted.

I hope this helps.

smontgomery
New Contributor

Great, thanks. I will give this a try !

Hey there! Were you able to get this solution to work? If so, mind sharing the script? I've been attempted to use the script provided above but have been unsuccessful. Thanks!