database.xml wt moment

franton
Valued Contributor III

JSS 8.62 running on Centos with MySQL 5.1.

Today our JSS broke. The message that came up on attempting to restart the tomcat process insisted that we had to give a different username than normal permission to access the JSS database.

Investigating the DataBase.xml file and we found that the database username and password had been replaced with my own AD username and password.

I would seriously love to know HOW that's possible without changing the file on the command line. Any thoughts? It's bugging the hell out of me.

3 REPLIES 3

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

IIRC, there's a place in the web interface to change the database creds.

JPDyson
Valued Contributor

How did you set this JSS up - manually with the WAR? Using Kitzmiller's script? Could be that, when prompted, you entered the credentials not quite following the implication that it would always be used for access to the db...

franton
Valued Contributor III

jarednichols: Is there? I've never found it ... and i've just had another really good look for it. Fairly sure I didn't get it by accident!

I'm wondering if LastPass had something to do with this.

JPDyson: I didn't set it up, our systems team did. I'm in the middle of planning the re-architecting of the entire thing as it wasn't done properly the first time round. When we come to replacing our main box, it'll be done manually.