Default PDF and Image applications

dtmille2
Contributor III

Hello all, I am trying to deploy a plist for com.apple.launchservices.secure to make Adobe Acrobat the default PDF viewer, and Adobe Photoshop the default image application. For some reason this particular profile is not showing up on my Jamf Pro managed Macs. Any advice as to why, or another way to configure this for a lab of Macs?

{LSHandlers=[{LSHandlerURLScheme=acrobat2018, LSHandlerRoleAll=com.adobe.acrobat.pro, LSHandlerPreferredVersions={LSHandlerRoleAll=-}} , {LSHandlerRoleAll=com.adobe.acrobat.pro, LSHandlerContentType=com.adobe.pdf, LSHandlerPreferredVersions={LSHandlerRoleAll=-}} , {LSHandlerRoleAll=com.adobe.photoshop, LSHandlerContentType=public.jpeg, LSHandlerPreferredVersions={LSHandlerRoleAll=-}} , {LSHandlerRoleAll=com.adobe.photoshop, LSHandlerContentType=public.tiff, LSHandlerPreferredVersions={LSHandlerRoleAll=-}} , {LSHandlerRoleAll=com.adobe.photoshop, LSHandlerContentType=public.png, LSHandlerPreferredVersions={LSHandlerRoleAll=-}} ]}

2 REPLIES 2

dtmille2
Contributor III

Not sure why a custom configuration profile isn't working for this app. No issue if I deploy the plist via Apple Remote Desktop.

Thinking of creating a policy with a script that copies this com.apple.launchservices.secure.plist to the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices folder.

dtmille2
Contributor III

I ended up capturing the plist in Composer on one of the lab Macs and then deploying it as a Policy. I have a feeling there is a more refined way of accomplishing my goal, but it got the job done.