Delay Configuration profile installation till domain binding

gloper1977
Contributor

We use pre-stage enrollments to setup new Macs. One issue I've run into is with our CA Certificate for our Wifi network. If it installs before the Mac is bound to the domain it doesn't work. I have to remove the configuration profile, join it to the domain and then re-add the configuration profile. Is there a way to not let a configuration profile install until the computer is bound to the domain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Yes, you could create a smart group for bound devices, run a recon after binding, and scope the profile to that group. Then it won't be delivered until after binding.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Yes, you could create a smart group for bound devices, run a recon after binding, and scope the profile to that group. Then it won't be delivered until after binding.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

We basically do the exact same thing. I can't push our profile containing the CA and other certificates for the network until the machine is joined, so I do a recon after joining and then have a Smart Group capturing Macs that are joined to the domain and use that group as the scope (or part of the scope) for the Network profile.

gloper1977
Contributor

Thanks for the responses I have it working now!