deleted app disappeared from self serve too

rogcro
New Contributor

Hi,
I did look through other posts, sorry if I missed someone with the same/similar problem. We are a school. We do not do individual user accounts because Foundation upwards use the iPads.

The student deleted "Minecraft: Education Edition" from the ipad. It is not showing in self service now.

I have unassigned the app to that iPad and then re-assigned. No success.

I have removed the iPad from the static group - a few apps disappeared.
Then put it back in the static group - the apps re-installed. Minecraft still MIA.

We use a mac-mini for configuration... any ideas what I can try next?
iOS version 13.3.1
Jamf 10.17.1

Thanks,
Roger.

5 REPLIES 5

djs9812
New Contributor III

We have had this issue since the beginning of the school year. If an app is deleted from the ipad they cannot install it themselves as it is not in self service. As a workaround, I have been assigning the app via volume assignment and temporarily removing the configuration profile in order to allow access to the app store. Not ideal but it works.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

@rogcro I'm trying to think of what could be going on..

In the app configuration, do you have "Display app in Self Service after it is installed" checked?

Does Minecraft show up in Jamf in the list of apps installed on the iPad? I'm wondering if the app is hidden by a configuration profile..

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Is it possible you're out of licenses?

tanton
New Contributor

If it deploys automatically, it cannot be added from Self Service. The way I have dealt with this when I was a tech at the school is after the app gets removed, you Send Remote Commands to the device. This will force a check in and the app will get added again. OR when you are doing beginning of the year deployment, you set everything to install automatically then a few weeks in switch everything to available in Self Service.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Our auto-installed apps are listed in Self Service ("Display app in Self Service after it is installed"). I can delete the app, then go into Self Service and ReInstall.