Deleting Files in Network Users Home - Users on Separate Partition...

robb1068
Contributor

We're using the move to Snow Leopard as our excuse to finally bind our Macs into Active Directory and have our end users sign in with their network IDs. A spinoff of that is, I'm using the new managed preferences to push the network home folder to a Storage partition that is separate from the System.

Pushing out software is not an issue since we can have the package fill existing user's home folders and/or the user template. However, we have a handful of "maintenance" items in Self Service that relate to removing files in the user's home folder. For the most part they are simple rm -R scripts that delete cache files relating to the Adobe apps, Suitcase preferences or the Office font database file.

Our old image used local accounts with the same short name, so it was easy to path to the home folder and remove files. With the home folder moved to a separate partition AND each home folder having a unique name, I haven't been able to figure out how to craft something in Self Service.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to start looking, I'd appreciate the help... thanks!

Robb Gibson
System Engineer, IT eMMS, Publishing Systems

TEL: 630.864.5242 | FAX: 630.864.xxxx
263 Shuman Blvd. Naperville, IL 60563 | http://www.officemax.com

0 REPLIES 0