DEP enrolled devices hit or miss whether they are assigned in prestage enrollment.

bgovoni
New Contributor II

Newly enrolled devices (just added to JAMF in DEP) are not appearing in the Default prestage with a checkbox, we have to manually check the box for each device in the default prestage (or staff prestage) in order for them to be prepared. This seems to be hit or miss, sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not.

7 REPLIES 7

miregan
Contributor II

Do you have 'Automatically assign new devices' checked in your prestage enrollment?

bgovoni
New Contributor II

Yep!

miregan
Contributor II

I am unsure then as I have had no issues that i can recall in regards to DEP and jamf. Wish I could be of more help

Chotipradit
New Contributor II

We have had this happen with a handful of devices as well. Usually works, but there's always that one every now and then. ALso unsure on what causes it.

ePrankfort
New Contributor

Anyone able to make any headway with this?

This seems to be happening more and more since moving to Jamf Pro 10. Now running 10.1.1, and still seeing devices coming in without being assigned despite the automatically assign tick box being set.

smithk
New Contributor II

Has anyone figured this out yet? We are seeing this same scenario and it takes approximately 1-2 hours for the device to sync from Apple School Manager to Jamf. We are on 10.11.1 and they removed the "refresh" button which use to allow us to get this to sync and have the box checked in Prestage. In the past when we have manually checked and unchecked boxes in Jamf we lost all of our check marks and had to manually figure out who was enrolled and who should not be enrolled.. on nearly 4000 devices that was quite the ordeal. This happened twice in 3 months.

Eigger
Contributor III

We have this problems too, please upvote the FR, Enable Refresh Button in DEP Pre-Stage