Deploy Avast Business Antivirus

egonzalezMSERP
New Contributor

I'm trying to deploy Avast through Jamf Pro to our company MacBooks. This script & steps found here used to work, but there have been changes with Avast that seem to have since broken this process. There are several issues the first being that Avast Business Anti-virus now seems to rely on another App called Avast Business Agent. The other problem seems to be that the Avast that core shields now also includes the "Real Site" protection as well and this needs to be enabled as well. Any help on figuring out how to auto-install and setup the configuration profiles for this would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

aCart85
New Contributor

I am dealing with the same issue currently.  The old process is now missing several permissions for MacOS.  I have been able to make it install at enrollment, and with the old information and a whole lot of testing, I was able to get it down to a few click and one admin password event.  It is far from automated still.  Did you ever have any luck with this? I would be very interested in any resolutions.

Not at the moment I was able to get int touch with Avast support, but they keep insisting that we just have to remove the old profile, restart, and then re-add the same profile config. I will post back if I am able to get the permissions to work.