Deploying Chrome Extension with Custom Attributes

M4tr1xN30
New Contributor II

Hi Nation. 

I'm fairly new to Jamf and I'm looking for some advice regarding Chrome extensions and more specifically, the settings within the extension. 

I am deploying the G App Launcher extension (G App Launcher) and this is working well, however there is a setting within the extension with the key 'displayMarketplaceApps' that is always set to false. I would like to deploy the extension with this setting set to True.

I can export the settings via json file, however, I'm struggling to figure out how to configure this for Jamf and deploy deploy along with the extension (if possible) 

I'm pretty new to json as well, so any pointers/advice would be great.

6 REPLIES 6

dmccluskey
Contributor

The extension needs to look like this

echcggldkblhodogklpincgchnpgcdco;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx

2023-05-04_9-05-42.jpg

@dmccluskey Thanks for your reply 🙂

I was able to deploy the extension without an issue. However, there is a setting within the extension that I need to force to True, which is the bit i am struggling with. 

dmccluskey
Contributor

Oh,

Does that setting write to a plist?

M4tr1xN30
New Contributor II

Not entirely sure in honesty. I know it can export the settings to a json file, however I'm scratching my head a little on how to turn that in to something usable 🤔

Tried uploading it in to Jamf as a Custom Schema but came up blank with no useable parameters that I was able to configure. 

dmccluskey
Contributor

try using fsmonitor and see if any files are being changed when you make the setting.

Good shout! I'll give that a try and see what happens 👍