Deploying Configuration Profile Results in Error

gwhaley262
New Contributor III

I'm trying to deploy a new configuration profile that contains settings for kernel extensions, system extensions and privacy policy. When it attempts to push out JAMF results in an error:

-[__NSCFConstantString objectForKeyedSubscript:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fff8adf40e0

This is an on-premise JAMF instance version 10.32.2 Has anybody else experienced this or something similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

I would break up the profile in to multiple profiles. I have seen that error when the profile includes invalid keys. Try create a profile for the kernel extensions, one for the system extensions, and a third for the PPPC settings. You can then narrow the scope of each profiles. In most cases you only need to scope the KEXTs to Catalina or lower and the SysExts to Big Sur. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

I would break up the profile in to multiple profiles. I have seen that error when the profile includes invalid keys. Try create a profile for the kernel extensions, one for the system extensions, and a third for the PPPC settings. You can then narrow the scope of each profiles. In most cases you only need to scope the KEXTs to Catalina or lower and the SysExts to Big Sur. 

gwhaley262
New Contributor III

It did resolve whatever was occurring by breaking up the settings into individual profiles.

Phantom5
Contributor II

Deploying profiles with kext approval payloads on M1 Macs renders an error as they are not compatible with Apple Silicon.