Desktop shortcut not appearing

g_rodgers
New Contributor

Hi all, I have created a .dmg in the usual way (composer snapshot, install, snapshot again etc.) The dmg is a simple desktop shortcut to our web hosted ICT Acceptable Use Policy. Even though the logs state that the policy has installed successfully, the shortcut does not appear on the desktop of machines. Any advice please?4dd14789a6074a0ea1f79cb6ef409083

3 REPLIES 3

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@g.rodgers did you set the .dmg settings to FEU (Fill Existing User) when you uploaded the .dmg to Casper? You'll need to make sure it's using FEU on the .dmg otherwise it will put the file in the same path that it was captured from. For instance if I made the package on a computer in the jdoe account then the file would be installed in the following path (/Users/jdoe/Desktop) every time it's installed unless I have FEU turned on. Hope that helps.

g_rodgers
New Contributor

@mpermann Yeah, we set FEU correctly. Since posting this I have discovered that it could be something to with a restriction we have enforced with regards to media. Not allowing disk images and removable media etc. So we're having a play around with those settings now :-)

g_rodgers
New Contributor

Update: We discovered what was stopping this shortcut appearing. There is a configuration profile>Media>Disk Images The 'Read-Only' checkbox should be unticked.