DeviceEnrollmentProgramException - Error 404 - PROFILE_NOT_FOUND

dungeonadept
New Contributor III

Issue is, right now, prestage enrollment of iPads isn't working. The error I see in our Jamf cloud/Pro server logs is:

2023-03-29 16:59:04,484 [ERROR] [duledPool-5] [ileAssignmentSynchronizer] - DeviceEnrollmentProgramException[responseCode=404, responseBody='PROFILE_NOT_FOUND', message='The DEP service reported an error.']
com.jamfsoftware.dep.comm.DeviceEnrollmentProgramException: The DEP service reported an error.
	at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.streamlinedenrollment.service.comm.DeviceEnrollmentProgramRequest.sendOneTime(DeviceEnrollmentProgramRequest.java:65) ~[classes/:?]
	at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.streamlinedenrollment.service.requests.AssignProfileRequest.send(AssignProfileRequest.java:34) ~[classes/:?]
	at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.streamlinedenrollment.service.requests.AssignProfileRequest.send(AssignProfileRequest.java:14) ~[classes/:?]
	at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.streamlinedenrollment.service.comm.DeviceEnrollmentProgramConnection.sendRequest(DeviceEnrollmentProgramConnection.java:21) ~[classes/:?]
	at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.streamlinedenrollment.synchro.assignment.DeviceEnrollmentProfileConnectionWrapper.sendRequestOnConnection(DeviceEnrollmentProfileConnectionWrapper.java:40) ~[classes/:?]
	at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.streamlinedenrollment.synchro.DeviceEnrollmentProfileAssignmentSynchronizer.run(DeviceEnrollmentProfileAssignmentSynchronizer.java:72) ~[classes/:?]
	at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.streamlinedenrollment.synchro.DeviceEnrollmentSyncRunnable$DeviceEnrollmentSyncThread.run(DeviceEnrollmentSyncRunnable.java:91) ~[classes/:?]
	at org.springframework.security.concurrent.DelegatingSecurityContextRunnable.run(DelegatingSecurityContextRunnable.java:82) ~[spring-security-core-5.7.5.jar:5.7.5]
	at com.jamfsoftware.jss.threading.ThreadPoolBulkheadWrapper.run(ThreadPoolBulkheadWrapper.java:26) ~[classes/:?]
	at org.springframework.security.concurrent.DelegatingSecurityContextRunnable.run(DelegatingSecurityContextRunnable.java:82) ~[spring-security-core-5.7.5.jar:5.7.5]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) ~[?:?]

Backstory: We had a bit of an oopsie. Someone on our team released all of our devices - macbooks and ipads - from Apple School Manager. This in turn somehow removed the actual MDM for Jamf from ASM. I had to re-add it to ASM from scratch. I suspect this is relevant - I couldn't remember the name we had used, so I made a new one, if I couldn't remember exactly and got it close but wrong, I wanted to be able to tell them apart.

I got it readded to ASM, went to Jamf - Settings - Global - Automated Device Enrollment - into our existing record there, and updated the server token file. I thought that would be the end of it. I'm clearly missing something else, just not sure what.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jtrant
Valued Contributor

If you created your MDM Server in ASM, I believe you'd need to create a new PreStage in Jamf as opposed to updating the existing one (which is no longer present on the ASM side).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jtrant
Valued Contributor

If you created your MDM Server in ASM, I believe you'd need to create a new PreStage in Jamf as opposed to updating the existing one (which is no longer present on the ASM side).

dungeonadept
New Contributor III

I totally forgot that in the Prestage it asks for the ADE to use. I'll have to try that, as I hadn't updated anything.