disable iCloud 10.9

j99mac
Contributor

How do you disable iCloud in 10.9?

4 REPLIES 4

nessts
Valued Contributor II

well there is a profile setting to disable the system preference panes for icloud and any others. there is the profile that somebody on here I believe created that disables saving to iCloud, sorry I forget who. but it looks like this

cat DisableiCloudSaving.mobileconfig <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>PayloadContent</key> <array> <dict> <key>PayloadContent</key> <dict> <key>.GlobalPreferences</key> <dict> <key>Set-Once</key> <array> <dict> <key>mcx_data_timestamp</key> <date>2013-02-05T18:16:05Z</date> <key>mcx_preference_settings</key> <dict> <key>NSDocumentSaveNewDocumentsToCloud</key> <false/> </dict> </dict> </array> </dict> </dict> <key>PayloadEnabled</key> <true/> <key>PayloadIdentifier</key> <string>MCXToProfile.b61737b1-e3cc-4ea1-9ecd-dcb6c040dfc7.alacarte.customsettings.758618a7-6c79-4eab-a538-22cc99c64323</string> <key>PayloadType</key> <string>com.apple.ManagedClient.preferences</string> <key>PayloadUUID</key> <string>758618a7-6c79-4eab-a538-22cc99c64323</string> <key>PayloadVersion</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> </array> <key>PayloadDescription</key> <string>Included custom settings: Turns off iCloud as the default save location</string> <key>PayloadDisplayName</key> <string>MCXToProfile: NSDocumentSaveNewDocumentsToCloud FALSE</string> <key>PayloadIdentifier</key> <string>org.macenterprise.DontSaveNewDocumentsToiCloud</string> <key>PayloadOrganization</key> <string></string> <key>PayloadRemovalDisallowed</key> <false/> <key>PayloadScope</key> <string>System</string> <key>PayloadType</key> <string>Configuration</string> <key>PayloadUUID</key> <string>b61737b1-e3cc-4ea1-9ecd-dcb6c040dfc7</string> <key>PayloadVersion</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> </plist>

hkim
Contributor II

I originally used MCX to disable but it had to specifically target the OS, but I've just moved to using a script at first boot / once per computer run at startup policy to cover all OSes.

https://github.com/rtrouton/rtrouton_scripts/tree/master/rtrouton_scripts/disable_icloud_pop_up

Not applicable

Anyone here know how to remove icloud? or maybe where to submit our data to proof owner. i will pay for it info@im-changer.com

lephuong03113
New Contributor

JVJC74MGG3