Display Setup With New MacBook Pro's

mykool
New Contributor III

Looking into changing our setup for the new MacBook Pro's. We're just having to use too many dang dongles. The display's that have TB3 would be ideal but they are too expensive. What is everyone else using? Ideally the least amount of cables as possible and be able to charge the MacBook at the same time.

4 REPLIES 4

georgecm12
Contributor III

The Dell P2219HC delivers up to 65W over its USB-C interface, so if you have a 13" MBP or an Air, that'd do just fine. Unfortunately, the P2219HC has become very hard to find... it's mysteriously no longer being sold by Dell or (our preferred reseller) CDW-G. Haven't seen a good explanation yet for why what should still be a current model for Dell has disappeared as it has.

If you have a 15" MBP, I'm not immediately aware of a monitor that can deliver the full 87W that it wants. I think you'd have to go to a TB3 display for that.

carlo_anselmi
Contributor III

We use the LG 27UK850-W with great success (4K)
It has single direct USB-C link to charge MBP 15 (plus audio and video) and a couple of older USB ports on the back
Sound is not so bad for general use and also tilt/swivel
Ciao

edickson
Contributor

We use the Dell S2718D, as a single usb-c for display and charging as well as 2 SS USB A ports, hdmi and an audio out port.

mykool
New Contributor III

@carlo.anselmi Are you able to daisy chain 2 monitors together like you can with TB3? I'm assuming you aren't. But so far what I have read on this monitor, I like what I am seeing.