Distibution Point on Linux

Not applicable

Hi *,

I'm having trouble trying to setup a Casper Distribution point on a Debian Linux server hosted via Samba. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but this is where I'm at...

I have a working config file that allows 'casperadmin' read/write access and 'casperinstall' read-only access. But when it comes to Casper Imaging this configuration does not work as at that point Casper is trying to access the Samba share without credentials.
To work around this I changed the 'security = user' to 'security = share' and that resolves the issue, but it then breaks the 'casperadmin' and 'casperinstall' access as it will ignore authentication.

What samba configuration is required to get both the accounts and the Casper Imaging to work? My current configuration solution is attached. The Share [CasperShare] is working in the example and [CasperBuild] will work provided 'security = share' is set at the global level which then breaks [CasperShare].

I'm also curious as to why Casper Imaging not passing a username/password?

Cheers,
RB

Robert Blackstock Senior Systems Administrator | The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Thanks Rich, I pinged JAMF yesterday at the same time. Might just follow up that email now asking about the Netboot setup.

RB