Dockutil & Persisten-Others

JoshRouthier
Contributor

Started testing Dockutil recently as I wouldn't mind getting some of our users Docks setup with some of our critical apps. It was working as I believe it should until I started getting apps placed into the "persistent-others" section of the dock, with a ? and they dont do anything. First noticed it with a script I'm writing, but now if I run a basic Dockutil command, like "dockutil --add "Microsoft Outlook" --position 1", it adds it to position 1, but in the "persistent-others" section fo the dock. Other Dockutil commands seem to be working fine, but no such luck with the --add. If I run a Killall Dock, the Dock reloads, but the added app doesnt change.

Useful information: macOS 10.12.6, Dockutil 2.0.5, Dockutil location /usr/local/bin/

Anyone have ideas about what might be happening. Noobie to Dockutil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JoshRouthier
Contributor

Found the issue to be that I wasn't specifying the path to the application. Using my example from above, running the command dockutil --add "/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app" --position 1 did the trick. Hope this may be useful in the future to anyone else using dockutil.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JoshRouthier
Contributor

Found the issue to be that I wasn't specifying the path to the application. Using my example from above, running the command dockutil --add "/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app" --position 1 did the trick. Hope this may be useful in the future to anyone else using dockutil.